Remote Support Terms and Conditions
I (Client) agree to pay Stewart and Son Computer Services (S&S) to repair, analyze and troubleshoot my computer software at a rate of $37.50-150 per hour or by subscription – terms are established on the payment page. Rates change depending on schedule.
- Payment of one hour or more may be secured using a credit card pre-authorized using Paypal prior to the support call.
- Billing starts at the time of the appointment. Missed/cancelled appointments will be billed per the terms of the agreement.
Time and Billing
- Although S&S will endeavor to conduct all activities in a timely manner, troubleshooting issues may be a time-consuming process and I agree to pay S&S for troubleshooting time as necessary.
- If S&S determines that an issue needs more time to be researched, I may or may not be billed for that time.
- I understand that some work performed may go over one hour and possible many hours.
- Due to the requirements of the repair, if I approve, S&S may back up my data to my available computers and external hard drives/network shares to insure it’s integrity before performing work.
- I also certify that I will indemnify and hold harmless S&S for any and all data or software that may be lost or erased, as well as for any consequence of the erasure or loss of that data or software. Although S&S will take every precaution to preserve all data and software on the computer, I acknowledge that occasionally data loss will occur and/or software operation may be compromised.
- During a remote support call, if S&S determines it’s necessary, the data is always backed up to the my computer or external hard drive. Stewart and Son does not back up the data on their servers.
Training and Aftercare
- If training is needed for backup methods and procedures, S&S will provide that training to me at an additional hourly rate (determined at time of payment).
- If aftercare is required, S&S will provide at an additional hourly rate (determined at time of payment).
- I agree to indemnify and hold harmless S&S for any and all hardware or software malfunctions or accidents that may occur before, during or after work is performed on my computer, and for any results thereof.
- S&S reserves the right to recommend on-site or in-shop support when the issues cannot be resolved remotely.
- Any private information stored on my computer or viewed by S&S computer repair technicians during a remote support call will be held confidential unless required by law.
- Any private or personal information provided via email to S&S will be kept confidential.
- My information is never sold or shared to outside companies